Photos are a wonderful memory bring a lasting memory of the moment. Photos can make magnificent gifts because they are especially personal. Photos help to remember beautiful moments of birthdays, wedding days and on many other special occasions.
It is important that we know how to protect and restore photographs because photos can be damaged by sunlight exposure, temperature, handling, and the breakdown of the photographic paper (or material) used in the photograph and the developing process. Photo restoration existed long before the digital world. It was, and still is performed by skilled traditional photo specialists. They do retouching by hand with artist brushes and dyes, and they use enlargers for adding and subtracting exposure to prints, and filters for adjusting contrast. And today the good thing about photos is that it doesn’t matter how old they are as they can all be scanned and transformed digitally onto a computer. All of the photo restoration is then done on the digital copies, so once the photo has been scanned the original is no longer required.
The tools used for today’s photo restoration include scanners, computers with high-end photo-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter and, Paint Shop Pro, high resolution monitors, and photo quality printers, paper and inks. They do photo restoration with a mouse or table pen, and save their work as electronic files that can be printed, emailed, or stored on removable media such as a CD, DVD and USB thumbdrive. Many of the digital photo restoration features found in the high-end photo-editing software such as Un-sharp Mask, Dodging and Burning, and Contrast have their roots in the traditional, non-digital photo restoration world.
The following are common problems with photographs that can be corrected by photo restoration.
- Cracking – It can be removed by rebuilding parts; restoring black, white and gray levels; image sharpening repairing and cleaning up the background.
- Extreme Fading – Can be removed by restoring detail, adjusting brightness & contrast, adjusting tone, sharpening.
- Fading, Tone and Contrast – Removed by brightness and contrast, sharpening the image, replacing the background.
- Color Fading and Shifting – It can be removed by adjusting colors for a more natural look, sharpening, adjusting brightness and contrast.
- Exposure Problems – Removed by correcting the tonal level (ex. highlights, shadows and mid-tones) sharpening the overall image.
- Significant Damage – cleaning up all the tape stains, cracks and lines on the car, street and building, opening up highlights, shadows and mid-tones, adjusting brightness/contrast , sharpening.
The digital photo restoration workflow consists of:
- Scanning a photograph or film
- Performing the restoration or retouching using photo-editing software
- Printing out the photograph using a high quality
- Storing the restoration on a removable media such as a CD, DVD and USB thumbdrive.
Article by Mostaq Ahmed Gender
Article from articlesbase.com
Find More Restore Photos Articles:
- 2011 exposure, the annual PRC juried exhibition – harlan erskine …
- Photo: Ghosts – City Desk – Washington City Paper
- Watch <a href="http://tvstrea.me/category/tv-shows">The Big Bang …
- A New Way to Photograph War | The Citrus Report | Art, Culture …
- Getting More Exposure with Twitter | syars.info
- Paging Class with AJAX or HREF 1.0 – ScriptsApart
- Water Damage Restoration: Saving Your Best Stuff | Health Quotes
- Da'Rel Scott – RB – Maryland | RookieDraft.com
- philebrity.com » Blog Archive » This Evening: Here Is A Photograph …
- Reliable Energy Ltd. Stock (CVE:REL), (PINK:RELZF) Announced 2010 …
- 5 Main Barriers That Hinder Marriage Restoration
- 2010, in contrast to '09 nine will likely be information on …
- Worry No More: a Charlie Justice photograph revisited « A View to Hugh
- Photo of The Day : Israellycool
- Pilfer, Firefox Image Browser For Numbered Images
- Bookmarks for April 13th from 05:31 to 12:26 | Free SEO Advice
- Sean Penn, Christian Bale Circle 'The Last Photograph' Along With …
- Roldan-Perez Restoration Campaign Squeezing Lobbyists and City …
- Extreme Texas drought and wildfires sharpen contrast between Texas …
- Google's software battle with U.S. government heats up | BGR